Friday, October 17, 2008

Social Bookmarking

In the past several years since I've been using the Internet in my professional life, I have spent countless hours looking for interesting websites that will help me educate my students. Now that I've discovered social bookmarking and delicious.com, I am spending less time on such a time-consuming task. With a mere click of the mouse, I can view hundreds of websites on any topic of my choosing! The footwork (or hand-work)has been done for me. This is incredible to me! Now I can spend a few minutes checking out a new website to use with my students and know that it has already been successful with a colleague of mine. Here is one website from a fellow-teacher, which I have found to be very useful with my first grade students. Social bookmarking is a great tool anyone can use and anyone can benefit from.

2 comments:

Mr. R. said...

Hi!

I also enjoy using social bookmarks to share what I consider to be "best practice" and "just-in-time" resources with my colleagues. Here is the address to a delicious site that you might find helpful:

http://delicious.com/jreiner

Deb said...

Hey--I have asked you to join Facebook..I know this is personal social networking, but it is fun.

Setting up a delicious account: definitely, with our transition this year you, we all, need to have record and access to all the resources we have used and intend to use.